Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Red Canuck, in memoriam

My dear friend Red Canuck, the inspiration for having started my blog, passed away this afternoon, October 13, 2009, in Vancouver. He died peacefully, surrounded by his family.

May he rest in peace in the full knowledge that he touched so many with his biting wit, uninhibited humour, and incredible logic and persuasion skills.

Let me be the first to say that Canada has lost a great Minister of Health.

You are missed already, RC. But Zahra and I will take up the cause to build a just society in Canada, in your name and in the name of those like you, who never wavered in your support for this great land, who want nothing more than to see Canada a haven for thoughtful, intellectual policy and populace, and whose vision of Canada is to be a beacon of fairness, moderation, and tolerance for the world to envy.

Thanks for everything, RC.

4 comments:

MD said...

Thanks for the post. Its been an exhausting and miserable day, but I will check in with you and Z at a later time when I am able. Your thoughts are appreciated. I updated RC's blog, so his online community would be informed as well.

Canadiun said...

MD -- You just tell us how we can be of support to you and the family. Our only regret is the inability to be with you at this time. Hang in there, the passage of time helps, but the immediate aftermath is always very trying. Stay strong and stay in touch.

Bowler said...

One week later and this still hurts.

Somehow I missed this little blog up until now. My bad. Look forward to future posts!

Canadiun said...

Thanks for following Bowler. I can't promise the same stinging humour as our good friend, but the least I can do is try and press on as a way to keep his spirit alive.